Hey all! I’ve always been a fan of Himalayan Pink/Rock Salt (whichever you call it) – it’s pretty and has plenty of health benefits. If you didn’t know already, consuming Himalayan salt detoxifies the body, supports weight loss, improves metabolism, balances hormone levels, and does so much more!
Though Himalayan salt can get quite pricey, during one of my recent shopping adventures at Mustafa, I came across a 500g pack for just $1.95! Since then, I’ve been brainstorming new ways to use Himalayan salt.
As such, I came up with this easy 3-step Himalayan salt bath scrub! You’ll only need a few ingredients – which you might already have at home, or you can get for a reasonable price at Mustafa.
You will need:
- 1 cup fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 20 drops of Essential Oil (any of your choice)
Essential Oils to use
Before you begin, it is important to consider the essential oils that you’d want to use for your bath scrub, because essential oils aren’t just about the scent! The various essential oils have different purposes – you’d probably like to use one that is of most use to you. Here are some options you can consider!
- Sandalwood: For relaxation, calming, sleep and to relieve stress.
- Lavender: Promotes relaxation, heals irritated skin, eases muscles.
- Chamomile: Promotes peaceful sleep, reduces anxiety, calms and soothes the body.
- Eucalyptus: Improves mood and alertness.
- Grapefruit: Provides an energy boost, supports the immune system, eases muscle aches.
- Lemongrass: Eases headaches, calms the mind, relaxes muscles.
- Peppermint: Helps to relieve headaches and stimulate circulation.
- Rosemary: Boosts mental performance, reduces inflammation and contains antioxidants.
- Lily: Boosts mental performance, reduces insomnia, moisturises the skin.
- Spearmint: Relaxes muscles, cools the skin and repels insects.
- Tea Tree: Improves acne, soothes skin irritation and reduces odours.
For my bath scrub, I chose Lily, because it helps to boost positive feelings of self-confidence!
Easy 3-Step Bath Scrub
Step 1: Pour in 1 cup of fine Himalayan salt.
Step 2: Pour in 1/2 a cup of coconut oil.
Step 3: Add around 20 drops of essential oil of choice & mix.
… And, voila! Your very own Himalayan salt bath scrub.
Tip: If you find that the scrub is still too dry, just add a little more coconut oil and mix. Repeat this step until you achieve your desired texture!